Associate Professor in the Department of Physics & Astronomy at California State University, Northridge
- 2008 Ph.D., Department of Physics, University of Alberta, Canada.
- Advisors: Dr. Jack Tuszynski and Dr. Andriy Kovalenko
- 2000 B.Sc. Specialization Physics. University of Alberta, Canada.
- Postdoctoral Associate
- BioMaPS Institute, Rutgers University, USA.
- Advisor: Dr. David A. Case
- Postdoctoral Fellow
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Canada
- National Institute for Nanotechnology, National Research Council, Canada.
- Advisor: Dr. Andriy Kovalenko
- Postdoctoral Fellow
- Department of Oncology, University of Alberta, Canada
- Advisor: Dr. Jack Tuszynski
- Industrial Internship
- Mathematics of Information Technology and Complex Systems (MITACS)
- National Institute for Nanotechnology, Canada
- Supervisor: Dr. Andriy Kovalenko
- Research Assistant
- Natural Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada Undergraduate Summer Research Assistant
- Department of Physics, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Supervisor: Dr. Jenifer Thewalt
- PHYS 100B General Physics II
- Electricity and magnetism, light, and modern physics for non-physics majors.
- PHYS 227 Physics III
- Introduction to thermodynamics, relativity, quantum mechanics, atomic physics and particle physics for physics majors.
- PHYS 365 Experimental Physics I
- Introduction to computational physics.
- PHYS 490 Computer Applications in Physics
- Upper division computational physics and numerical methods.
- PHYS 431 Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics
- Upper division thermodynamics and statistical mechanics of weakly interacting classical and quantum systems.
1. McMillin PJ, Alegrete M, Peric M, Luchko T (2020) Electron paramagnetic resonance measurements of four nitroxide probes in supercooled water explained by molecular dynamics simulations. The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 124(19):3962–3972. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpcb.0c00684
2. Tsednee T, Luchko T (2019) Closure for the Ornstein-Zernike equation with pressure and free energy consistency. Physical Review E, 99(3):032130. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.99.032130
3. Nguyen C, Yamazaki T, Kovalenko A, Case DA, Gilson MK, Kurtzman T, Luchko T (2019) Comparing 3D-RISM and GIST hydration thermodynamic maps in an enzyme active site.
4. Luchko T, Blinov N, G.C. Limon, K.P. Joyce, Kovalenko A (2016) SAMPL5: 3D-RISM partition coefficient calculations with partial molar volume corrections and solute conformational sampling. Journal of Computer-Aided Molecular Design,:1–13.
5. Johnson J, Case DA, Yamazaki T, Gusarov S, Kovalenko A, Luchko T (2016) Small molecule hydration energy and entropy from 3D-RISM. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 28(34):344002.
6. Giambaşu GM, Gebala MK, Panteva MT, Luchko T, Case DA, York DM (2015) Competitive interaction of monovalent cations with DNA from 3D-RISM. Nucleic Acids Research,:gkv830. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gkv830
7. Giambaşu\(^*\) GM, Luchko\(^*\) T, Herschlag D, York DM, Case DA (2014) Ion counting from explicit-solvent simulations and 3D-RISM. Biophysical Journal, 106(4):883–894. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpj.2014.01.021
8. Joung IS, Luchko T, Case DA (2013) Simple electrolyte solutions: Comparison of DRISM and molecular dynamics results for alkali halide solutions. J Chem Phys, 138:044103.
9. Luchko T, Joung IS, Case DA (2012) Integral equation theory of biomolecules and electrolytes. Innovations in biomolecular modeling and simulation,:51–86.
10. Luchko T, Case DA (2012) Implicit solvent models and electrostatics in molecular recognition. Protein-ligand interactions,:171–189.
11. Freedman H, Luchko T, Luduena RF, Tuszynski JA (2011) Molecular dynamics modeling of tubulin C-terminal tail interactions with the microtubule surface. Proteins, 79(10):2968–2982.
12. Luchko T, Gusarov S, Roe DR, Simmerling C, Case DA, Tuszynski J, Kovalenko A (2010) Three-dimensional molecular theory of solvation coupled with molecular dynamics in Amber. J Chem Theory Comput, 6(3):607–624.
13. Genheden S, Luchko T, Gusarov S, Kovalenko A, Ryde U (2010) An MM/3D-RISM approach for ligand binding affinities. J Phys Chem B, 114(25):8505–8516.
14. Barakat KH, Huzil JT, Luchko T, Jordheim L, Dumontet C, Tuszynski J (2009) Characterization of an inhibitory dynamic pharmacophore for the ERCC1-XPA interaction using a combined molecular dynamics and virtual screening approach. J Mol Graph Model, 28(2):113–130.
15. Freedman H, Huzil T, Luchko T, Luduena R, Tuszynski JA (2008) Identification and characterization of an intermediate taxol binding site within microtubule nanopores and a mechanism for tubulin isotype binding selectivity. J Chem Inf Model, 49(2):424–436.
16. Bennett MJ, Chik JK, Slysz GW, Luchko T, Tuszynski J, Sackett DL, Schriemer DC (2009) Structural mass spectrometry of the \(\alpha\beta\)-tubulin dimer supports a revised model of microtubule assembly. Biochemistry, 48(22):4858–4870.
17. Luchko T, Huzil JT, Stepanova M, Tuszynski J (2008) Conformational analysis of the carboxy-terminal tails of human \(\beta\)-tubulin isotypes. Biophys J, 94:1971–1982.
18. Tuszynski JA, Carpenter EJ, Huzil JT, Malinski W, Luchko T, Luduena RF (2006) The evolution of the structure of tubulin isoforms and its potential consequences for the role and function of microtubules in cells and embryos. Int J Dev Biol, 50:341–58.
19. Tuszynski JA, Luchko T, Portet S, Dixon JM (2005) Anisotropic elastic properties of microtubules. Eur Phys J E Soft Matter, 17(1):29–35.
20. Tuszynski JA, Luchko T, Carpenter EJ, Crawford E (2004) Results of molecular dynamics computations of the structural and electrostatic properties of tubulin and their consequences for microtubules. J Comput Theor Nanosci, 1(4):392–397.
Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE) Research Allocation TG-MCB190048
Research Corporation for Science Advancement Cottrell Scholar Award #23967
Principle Investigator, National Science Foundation Grant #1566638
California State University Program for Education and Research in Biotechnology (CSUPERB) New Investigator Grant